Pokemon Reborn:

Game Download Obtainable Pokemon FAQ Field Effects

Reborn League:

Rules Registration League Theme Leader Line-up Leader Schedules Trainer Cards Card Manager Hall of Fame
Photo

3 tips for over leveling and gym leaders

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow-God

Shadow-God

Hiker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Alias:shadow-god
  • Interests:Pokemon,anime, and video games.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

due to reborns strict setup it is very possible to make the game impossible by the second gym. so for all you noobs heres a list for help

1)widen your team as much as possible.

unlike traditional games where you can envision a team and use them as you see fit, reborn is not tailored for a dream team and a situation will come when the members of your team won't be able to deal with the challenges so make sure you broden your horizen and if it moves throw a pokeball at it because you might need it later.

2)use everyone

due to reborn really screwing up on the level system (which is traditionally made to keep you from trading over mary suemons but in this game it's used to nerf you down to the gym leaders level) over leveling has become a problem I recommend you broaden your team, and if a Pokemon becomes to close to the level limit then put them in the computer, I recommend doing this one level before the limit so it doesn't level up during a battle and screw you over. "but how will I function without my strongest/favorite" USE SOMEONE ELSE!!

3)catch em all

I got stuck at serra and the thing that saved my team was a level 16 numel I took with me just because I could, so never ever turn down a Pokemon because it could come in useful somewhere.

1377235344381.png

such a small creature, such a weak creature. even though you could not defend yourself you would rush to protect me. they called me foolish for using you, they called you weak. and yet when we opened our hearts to one another, we overcame every obstacle that stood before us. 

sboGsYN.jpg?1

"The red plate in Mega Gardevoir's chest is said to be a physical manifestation of its heart." "By opening it's heart, Gardevoir becomes able to use tremendous psychic power "

#2 Amethyst

Amethyst

Fallen Angel

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,805 posts
  • Alias:Amethyst

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

These are good tips for now. Next episode the over-levelling concern will be alleviated with the introduction of Common Candy, so that should help, too.

there's a reason we stay alone.

#3 Manes

Manes

Psychic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Alias:Manes
  • Interests:Persona 3, God Eater, Dungeons and Dragons, Final Fantasy (titles later than VIII), Questionable Content, Madoka Magica, Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei, Disgaea

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

You didn't address a crucial issue: what to do when the opposite problem occurs. What happens when the ideal Pokémon for a gym is entirely too low-leveled and you have no trainers left?

boy_walk_zps8825d353.gif

#4 ZeroxJustice

ZeroxJustice

Hiker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Alias:ZeroxJustice

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

Go find some wild Pokemon and grind like you never grinded before..
It's not that bad really..I've managed to raise plenty of reserve Pokemon at this point..but I believe dream teams can usually win it, you just need strategy...that's kind of how the Reborn League works doesn't it? You only get one team

4517.png

#5 Nickaboo92

Nickaboo92

Juggler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Alias:Nickaboo92
  • Interests:POKEMANZ

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

You didn't address a crucial issue: what to do when the opposite problem occurs. What happens when the ideal Pokémon for a gym is entirely too low-leveled and you have no trainers left?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WURdtvHXFjA

R. Kelly is right, RisingManes. There's nothing wrong with a little bump and grind.

Sorry, it's like 1:30 AM

2695.png

#6 Squidru

Squidru

Dark Flame Master

• Forum Admin
  • 10,497 posts
  • Interests:Asking questions where answers can't be found

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

I agree; these are pretty good tips. More or less what I've been doing too. I have a box with around 9ish Pokemon that I can bring out at any point (granted they need a little catching up at this point) and five boxes of random things I run into that I don't have yet. If you train six Pokemon evenly it's really hard to break the level cap, and if you have MORE than that, it's even harder. My suggestion is to basically always have six wherever possible; in the beginning of the game at the end of like episode three this was my "team":

GroupShot.png

Bunch of things that don't really matter but were still there to be useful- Noctowl and Masquerain resist Grass (Masquerain doubly so!) for the notorious Florinia and Loudred + Noctowl were surprisingly useful with the 90 base power STAB Uproar, not to mention Noctowl's Hypnosis. I think the best thing to keep in mind for this game is that you should never expect to steamroll it with full force and it will almost always require a hint of strategy. Typically for Shelly and Shade I would use Noctowl to Hypnosis big threats (i.e. Yanmega and Chandelure) and switch immediately to Gigalith to dunk them hard.

Admittedly, Ariados is terrible and it didn't really do much ever, but it's one of my favorites so I had to try. Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak were nice against Shade at least.

twilightfades.png

^ wolfie did this too

#7 Manes

Manes

Psychic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Alias:Manes
  • Interests:Persona 3, God Eater, Dungeons and Dragons, Final Fantasy (titles later than VIII), Questionable Content, Madoka Magica, Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei, Disgaea

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

In my case, I just keep rotating when one of them nears the threshold.

I still want an Absol and Gardevoir. <_<;

boy_walk_zps8825d353.gif

#8 Magus

Magus

Fiendlord

• Members*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Alias:Magus
  • Interests:Sleep, Food, biology
    Games, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 1-10, Pokemon, Earthbound, Sailor Moon Goemon, Doge Punk ect.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

So I've been playing the game for some time (and I mean like three days) and i have found some good methods on getting pass some tough trainers.

Lets start with Florina. So at this early in the game she throws a Cradily at you and you were like me and didn't pick up a fighting type starter (like trorchick to combuskin), she will most likely stall your entire team so what do you do? Well go buy that king Carp for $4000 and evolve it and level it up to  LV23.  When it learns dragon rage, you can easily get through Florina and her Cradily. Also Gardevoir is very usefull. Hang on to double team until it learns calm mind and magical leaf. Set up a few double teams and then about 4 calm minds and sweep away your oppisition. Lastly having taunt is good as it will stop foes going for priority moves.Tranquil can learn this along with a few other pokemon early in game. These are just a few strategys I used and never had to worry about over leveling. Also if your out of trainers just suicide grind off the gym leader. Spend as much money as you can ( I bought many potions before I fought Florina)and faint as many of the leader's pokemon as possible. If you need to level up a low leveled pokemon just swap it out with another high leveled pokemon. If your going for a nuzlock then this doesn't apply to you.

Edited by Money_Man115, 11 July 2013 - 03:51 PM.

The Speed Squad

blaziken.gif               130.gif    gardevoir_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49m7.gif    1392262389160.gif      tumblr_inline_ml3d4ytZ6Q1qz4rgp.gif    082.gif

Gonzales                       Shinryu                    Schala             HM Derp            Chipo              Robo   

Think I'm joking, I destroy the Reborn League at lightening pace

Current Badges 9

Current time 9 Hrs 7min

The black Wind Howls- Magus

Magus-anim.gif

#9 vess42

vess42

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

i missed out on the ralts in the beginning, is there anyway to get a gardevoir any other way?

#10 Tempest

Tempest

Laxing and Relaxing

• Global Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

You can just go back and do it, can't you?
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window
n3eTT07.gif    XC3wFKI.gif    oR17Gtl.gif    eotOXkI.gif  cmTYrIY.gif    ztS15X4.gif    l7h1oU8.gif    hmlk0ae.gif?1    CsvJ5Vh.gif    mhwogY8.gif   auC1E2Z.gif

#11 Smithy

Smithy

Juggler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Alias:Spiffing
  • Interests:Pokemon! Music and some other things... yeah!

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

i missed out on the ralts in the beginning, is there anyway to get a gardevoir any other way?

You don't battle Ralts so you can just go back and get it. 

31574.png <--- Lol Wut?

mewtwo.gif

Not really sure if this suits me but I'll take it!

#12 vess42

vess42

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

i thought it was a one time thing....how much do you have to give the guy before he moves?

#13 Smithy

Smithy

Juggler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Alias:Spiffing
  • Interests:Pokemon! Music and some other things... yeah!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Not sure. If I remember it was around a few hundred I think. (Might be changed I did it in ep 10).

31574.png <--- Lol Wut?

mewtwo.gif

Not really sure if this suits me but I'll take it!

#14 Feareth

Feareth

Juggler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

I haven't found over leveling making the game impossible for me yet even though im only at florina im about to smash my comp because of the worst thing Cradily could've ever been given....recover ive spent about 4 hours restarting every time trying to get it down ill get it to 1 hp and it uses recover and i rage because my makuhita has no pp left and its just so frustrating i just want to falcon punch my screen right now.

#15 Amphouse

Amphouse

Hiker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Alias:Amphouse
  • Interests:Pokémon, League of Legends, Hearthstone, just video games in general. Also Programming.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Try using toxic spikes. Trubbish learns it naturally at an early level. That's how I beat Cradily anyways.

19672.png

Steadfast as steel.

#16 Feareth

Feareth

Juggler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Try using toxic spikes. Trubbish learns it naturally at an early level. That's how I beat Cradily anyways.

I'm going to try and put it to sleep and switch to makuhita hopefully that will work I caught a shiny oddish leveled it up it learn sleep powder so hopefully it will work out in my advantage

#17 Vinny953

Vinny953

Detective

• Staff
  • 10,638 posts
  • Alias:Vinny, Hmm
  • Interests:Reborn League and Coffee.
    Hates: The fact that Sneasel is not in Reborn...

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

I'm going to try and put it to sleep and switch to makuhita hopefully that will work I caught a shiny oddish leveled it up it learn sleep powder so hopefully it will work out in my advantage

As of Gen VI, powder moves doesn't work against Grass types... i'm pretty sure Ame already updated it, so you're going to need another strategy...

I'm dumb, Ame didn't changed it yet, so powder moves still hits grass types...  Good luck then, abuse while you can ^^

Edited by Vinny953, 08 February 2014 - 11:22 PM.

Where is my Sneasel Amethyst?

Current Reborn team:

Spoiler

Infinite Loop:

Spoiler

#18 ghkdkd

ghkdkd

PokéManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Powder moves still work to grass type in 10.5. Maybe it'll be updated later.

#19 Feareth

Feareth

Juggler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

As of Gen VI, powder moves doesn't work against Grass types... i'm pretty sure Ame already updated it, so you're goign to need another strategy...

Dang how about hypnosis? i have a shiny hoothoot that has that? Will that work?

Actually i just brought my game up tested it against an oddish it worked so would it work on cradily as long as it hits?

Edited by Feareth, 08 February 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#20 Crimson

Crimson

STAB Abuser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Alias:RED
  • Interests:Rarities & Variations

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

dragon rage is very useful, but that only if you choose charmander,, yeah toxic spikes a good way to conquer her (not tried yet myself though), i also tried butterfree with sleep powder and gust,, super effective too.

Spoiler

"Our CHOICES will Lead us to Our DESTINY."

CURRENT REBORN TEAM:

charizard.gifvenusaur.16.gifninetales-3.gifespeon.giflucario-2.gifflygon.gif

ATLASFLAME lvl 65          LEAFBLIGHTl vl 63        HELLFOX lvl 64             CARBUNCLE lvl 63          ALLOYFIST lvl 66        EARTHMYTH lvl 65

Spoiler

credit to: ambipom.gif

APEPICK Lvl 59        my rock smash buddy and "pick-upper" at the same time.. now wandering around reborn again while waiting for 12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: