Pokemon Reborn:

Game Download Obtainable Pokemon FAQ Field Effects

Reborn League:

Rules Registration League Theme Leader Line-up Leader Schedules Trainer Cards Card Manager Hall of Fame
Photo

Level Limit

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Amethyst

Amethyst

Look at how cute it is

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16254 posts
  • Alias:Amethyst

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Area B

For the next update, I've modified the level limit for Pokemon obedience. In the main series games, you have to have a certain badge for traded Pokemon up to level __ to obey you.

This now applies to all non-traded Pokemon as well.

Why am I putting this in? Many users seem to get their starter, and then just sweep every trainer in the game effortlessly with it. In doing so, that Pokemon far surpasses the game's level curve, making the battles completely mindless. Doing that completely takes the challenge out of the game- both battling, and catching/raising Pokemon.
Expanding this level limit will discourage this sort of play, and force people to actually, you know, put thought into their choices in the game. c:

The levels have also been adjusted to suit the game's curve (meaning that Kadabra will no longer disobey before anyone else does), and furthermore the implementation of this limit will allow me to raise the levels of the wild Pokemon. I had deliberately kept them lower before so people didn't quickly become over-levelled, but now that's not an issue.

When I proposed this change to a handful of people on the server, it was generally well-received. Hopefully everyone is able to adapt their play-style accordingly. :D

there's a reason we stay alone.

#2 Maelstrom

Maelstrom

The Magnificent

• Global Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6285 posts
  • Alias:Lucifer
  • Interests:Books

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

yep, VERY low levelled wilders. Very grindy at the beginning. The update comes with the gen5 mechanics of more exp the lower level your pokemon vs the opposing one?

cover.png

Spoiler
143.png158.png

“Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more.”
Robin Hobb, Fool's Fate 

#3 Swimming95

Swimming95

Ace Trainer

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

But... but... now I can't only use my squirtle to destroy everything like he was meant to do
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Zagan

Zagan

The Hero of New Marais

• Global Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3058 posts
  • Alias:Wolf, Godot
  • Location:The Exact Center of the Universe! (Give or take 50 feet)
  • Interests:Pokemon, Trolling, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Spicy Foods, Comics, Fighting Games, and of course, Picking on Maelstrom and the rest of the loser Authy!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

you mean your trying to make the game challenging?
GTFO

Spoiler

Spoiler

Dominus_zpsce787981.jpg

#5 Amethyst

Amethyst

Look at how cute it is

• Forum Admin
  • 16254 posts
  • Alias:Amethyst

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Mael- I wish. But not yet.
Swim- Well you COULD try, buuut, I think you'll be better off raising some other Pokemon, too. >>
Wolf- Psh, I'm not even trying to make it challenging just so much as not mindless.

there's a reason we stay alone.

#6 Kiozo

Kiozo

Rival

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Alias:Kiozo
  • Interests:Gaming, Darts, Horseshoes, MTG, Survivor, Music (who isn't >>) but yeah; ask and you shall find out.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Well, I'm sure there are still ways for your squirtle to overcome all challengers, but that just takes more thought now.

In response based on my own thoughts; it'll happen one of two ways. Either nothing will change for me, since I do things at an underleveled state, or I will be placed into a new environment as a bit too good.

We shall see.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Neferpitou

Neferpitou

Titan Slayer

• Ace Member
  • 9386 posts
  • Alias:Renzo

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Aaaaaw. And I wanted Sceptile to take on the world, like the lone warrior he is. Guess he has no choice but to pair up with Salamence and Umbreon.

Posted Image                  

#8 Silver Knight Real

Silver Knight Real

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

Aaaaaw. And I wanted Sceptile to take on the world, like the lone warrior he is. Guess he has no choice but to pair up with Salamence and Umbreon.

This should happen.

#9 darkness

darkness

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

Making the level limit four the third badge purpously 36 so almost all of the starter pokemon can go full evo, cruel but nice tatic. Still sweeped the guy's team though

#10 Summer

Summer

Flame Alchemist

• Ace Member
  • 10230 posts
  • Alias:shooka wooka
  • Interests:Hair Products!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Actually, you don't need a level cap. All you need is low levelled wild Pokemon and decent Trainers with Pokemons a few level higher then the supposed level of the player's pokemon. Or you can do it your way.

1580.png

Need_a_Dispenser_Here____by_wattledee11.

(23:11:36) Godot: GASTRODON
(23:11:40) Godot: GET IN MAI BALLS

#11 Noivy

Noivy

Dragon in Dreaming

• Members?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • Alias:Dukaan

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

You'd be suprised. I've got dangerously close to the level cap with my team, usually to the point of beating the leaders just before they level over the limit. The Level Cap add's a very strong difficulty because like Amethyst said

Why am I putting this in? Many users seem to get their starter, and then just sweep every trainer in the game effortlessly with it. In doing so, that Pokemon far surpasses the game's level curve, making the battles completely mindless. Doing that completely takes the challenge out of the game- both battling, and catching/raising Pokemon.
Expanding this level limit will discourage this sort of play, and force people to actually, you know, put thought into their choices in the game. c:

I and many other people are guilty of this. This add's a nice flavor to the challenge that is presented by the game. Back when the first release was out, I had a Blaziken by the time of the first gym, and we all know how fair that is.

I love my dragons and they love me back <3

1TZI0E1.png

pn1VY7S.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: